Best Dishwasher 2014
Such household chore as washing dishes existed, exists and will exist forever, despite our likes and dislikes about doing it. Maybe because of this reason we’ve got the appliances called ‘dishwashers’, those time- and energy-saving must-haves in every modern kitchen? Indeed, today’s choice of models can make you dizzy, due to various types, features, options, finishes, and what not. Nevertheless, all of them are custom made for your perfectly clean dishes. So, wondering what really matters in your case? Anyway, a good dishwasher is a combination of your particular needs, that’s all. Here is a complete dishwasher buying guide, which will help you to cope with the confusing task of choosing the best dishwashing appliance in the house!
- First of all, we all look for convenience. That’s why the majority of homeowners buy the ‘ease of use’ in the form of adjustable racks, flatware slots, and stainless-steel tubs. Does this and that make sense for you?
- Which way are you going to control your dishwasher: with the help of interactive touch controls or usual touch pads? So, select the displays accordingly.
- You should also match your individual cleaning habits. For example, if you used to pre-rinse plates, why pay extra for all those power-scrubbing modes? Besides, you may need no noisy self-cleaning filters, because there are manual-clean filters. In fact, “hard food disposal” is certainly a priority feature. All in all, who wants to scrape and pre-wash dishes before loading them?
- The dishwashers are also divided into the types: they can be built-in or compact, in-sink or drawer ones, portable or countertop, etc. Consider the one which is right for your kitchen. For example, a standard dishwasher is the best for roomy kitchens and large-load dish washing.
- Dishwasher capacity also matters here. An 18” size is enough for 2-3 persons, holding up to 6-8 place settings. A 24” appliance has a capacity for 12-14 settings and is sufficient for any family use.
- What about energy saving considerations? Definitely, the Energy Star symbol will save many dollars, compared to non-qualified models. But advanced dishwashers offer ‘quick wash’ and ‘delay start’ options, if you’re limited on water or electricity use.
- When it comes to price, even the most economical dishwashers are influenced by type, style and features.
We wish you to make a great choice!
Compare Top 10 Dishwashers
|Name||Height, inches||Depth, inches||Width, inches||Place Setting Capacity||Number of Cycles||Number of Options||Price|
|KitchenAid Superba EQ KUDE48FXSS||34,5||27,5||23,5||15||5||6||999.99|
|Bosch 800 Plus Series SHX7ER55UC||34,0625||22,4375||23,5625||15||5||3||1,299.00|
|LG TrueSteam LDF8072ST||33,625||24,625||23,75||14||7||8||989.00|
|GE Profile PDWT580VSS||34||24,75||24||15||8||5||1,347.30|
|Electrolux Wave-Touch EWDW6505GS||34,875||24,625||23,75||14||9||5||1,349.00|
|Samsung DMT800 RHS||35,875||25,25||23,875||14||6||4||749.00|
|Maytag Built-In Front Console MDB8949SBM||34,5||24,5||23,875||14||6||7||624.60|
|Whirlpool Gold Series WDT910SAYM||34,5||24,5||23,875||15||6||7||719.00|